Bronzer 101: A Quick Refresher
Spring has finally arrived and in its honor, let’s brush up on the do’s and don’t's of bronzer. Here’s a quick refresher of Bronzer 101.
1. The Shade: Chose a shade of bronzer that works with your skin tone, not just one that looks brown.
2. Matte AND Shimmer: Bronzer is great because you can mix it up! Use a matte bronzer as a base, but don’t forget to mix it up a bit with a shimmer! A shimmering bronzer can add life to your face and make it appear as if you are actually sun-kissed (isn’t that the whole point after all?).
3. Large Brush: Ladies, please remember to use a large brush when applying your bronzer. Splashing bronzer across your cheeks with a small brush is quickest way to look like you have been tumbling in the mud.
4. Circular Motions: Now that you have both a matte and shimmer bronzer that match your skin tone and a large brush, it’s time to start applying. You want to apply your bronzer in a circular motion so that there is even coverage all over your face.
6. Blend: Please do not forget to sweep your brush across your jawline and lightly on your neck. You want your bronzer to blend in, don’t you?
5. Cheek Bone Shimmer: Apply a light shimmer to your check bones. This is in addition to the shimmer bronzer we talked about earlier. This will accentuate your cheekbones and the give your face that glimmering-in-the-sun appearance.
6. Bronzer AND Blush: Bronzer does not replace blush; so please do not forget to sweep a peach, rose, or pink colored blush across your cheeks.
7. Be Reasonable: Do not make yourself look like an overdone Thanksgiving turkey basting in the sun. Chose an appropriate shade and apply a reasonable amount of bronzer to your face and neck.