When setting out to create beautiful soft waves, we usually pick up our flat iron, but there is more than one way to create a soft wave! A blow dryer and round brush is the perfect combo to create soft waves that last and better yet, this technique will save you time! Follow along with the video and see the steps to get the look below!
TOOLS AND PRODUCTS NEEDED:
- Sam Villa Ionic Blow Dryer
- Sam Villa 2” Thermal Styling Brush
- Sam Villa Paddle Brush
- Redken Pillow Proof - Two Day Extender
- Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 Cushioning Blow Dry Gel
- Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray
HOW TO CREATE SOFT WAVES WITH A BLOW DRYER & ROUND BRUSH:
- Begin with damp hair and spray Redken Pillow Proof at your scalp. This will extend the life of your blowout, absorb oils and protect your hair from the heat!
- Next, apply a small amount of Redken Velvet Gelatine 07, concentrating most of the gel at the ends and work your way toward the scalp.
- Begin to blow dry your hair using your paddle brush to release the moisture until the hair is about 60% dry.
- After you've removed most of the moisture from your hair, pick up your thermal round brush, this will create the curl and volume needed.
Hot Tip: When working with a round brush, remember to let the hair cool before releasing your section. This will create longer lasting curls.
- Working in small sections (no wider than the width of your round brush), round brush all your hair for curl.
- Twist your hair in the direction that you want your curls to go and spray with Redken Fashion Work 12 hairspray for soft control.
Show us your soft waves and tag your pictures with #samvilla on Sam Villa on Instagram - if you have any questions or tips that you would like to share please leave them in the comment box below or feel free to reach out to us on social!