Looking for a change of style but without a total commitment? There are so many styling options for longer shags because the multiple layers allow plenty of movement to play with. But what about those who want to go shorter but just aren’t quite sure if they want a big change in length? Sam Villa, Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of Sam Villa and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken, has a trick for styling a faux bixie so people can actually see what they would look like with shorter hair. It’s super simple – see it on TikTok.
@samvillahair Try this on long length shags that are thinking about a big chop #saloncentricpartner #ittakesapro #samvilla #samvillatools #samvillahair #hairtok original sound - Sickickmusic
“This is great on long length shags who are contemplating going shorter, but it’s also just a really cool styling option for anyone that likes to style shift,” explains Villa.
Get The Look: The Faux Bixie
- Pin up the shorter layers on the crown and sides with sectioning clips, leaving longer hair down.
- Dry mousse the longer hair with Redken Guts 10 for control and hold and comb through to distribute.
- Divide the back in 2 sections and fasten ponytails on the far side of each section with elastics.
- Pin the tail of each to the elastic of the other ponytail and tuck in ends. Use pins if necessary.
- Un clip the top section and add movement and texture using a Sam Villa Signature Series Professional Sleekr® iron to bend sections around the face.
- Finish with Redken Wax Blast 10 to add body and dimension.
Shop The Look:
To learn more from Sam Villa and Team, check out FREE weekly Facebook Live classes and 10-minute YouTube tutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.