Dora and the Lost City of Gold will premiere in theatres this weekend and everyone from the cast to the audience are thrilled to see the film! Sure to be a hit, the live-action film stars Isabela Moner as Dora – now a 16-year old teen in high school with the same “explorer” tendencies. The plot has Dora whisked off into the rain forest again, this time to rescue her parents, played by Eva Longoria and Michael Peña. While Dora wears a hip bob classically equipped with fringe in the movie, in real life Dora aka Isabela Moner has long chic locks that we can’t help but swoon over.
Of the look, Redken Brand Ambassador Chad Wood explains “Isabela and I wanted to go for a soft, luxurious wave for her press day to perfectly balance out her exaggerated sleeve. I used one of my new favorites, Redken Extreme Play Safe, which came out this month, to heat protect her hair and keep it healthy and shiny.” Want to get the look? Keep reading to see the exact steps!
Get The Look:
- Prep damp, freshly washed hair with the NEW! Redken Extreme Play Safe to heat protect and strengthen.
- Blow out hair with a round brush, keeping volume on the lengths and ends.
- Once fully dry, create soft bends in the hair using a 1” iron, alternating the direction back and forth with each section.
- Allow hair to cool then brush through with a wide-toothed comb to soften.
- Add a few spritzes of Redken Triple Dry 15 throughout your lengths and tousle with your fingertips to add volume and an effortless finish.
- Finish the look with a few spritzes of Redken Control Addict 28 Hairspray for hold and to ward off humidity-related frizz, then add a final few sprays of Redken Shine Flash 02 for a glossy finish.
Cover Image: Courtesy of Redken Brand Ambassador Chad Wood.