Each year, the E! People’s Choice Awards celebrate the top individuals in pop-culture across film, TV, music and social media. Taking place in Santa Monica, the 2020 awards were hosted by singer Demi Lovato and welcomed some of the brightest moments of the year. With big wins for the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Tracee Ellis Ross, Will Smith and Tyler Perry, the show also lent way for introductions to social media stars like TikTok star Addison Rae. While many won affections on the Red Carpet for their style a few stood out in our eyes for their beauty — keep reading to see just a few of our favorites.
Donning a stunning Chrisitan Siriano red bubble dress and taking home the People’s Icon Award, fan-favorite Jenny from the Block turned eyes and captured hearts. Speaking of turning eyes, apart from her breathtaking style, Jlo has always been known for her stunning hair thanks to Redken Celebrity Colorist Tracey Cunningham, the colorist behind Jennifer Lopez’s signature honey brown haircolor who also helped her get ready for the big night.
“I’ve had the pleasure of working with J. Lo for about 15 years. She is one of the smartest, kindest and hardest working women in Hollywood and is so deserving of The People's Icon Award. I like to keep her hair as close to her natural color as possible. She has remained consistently gorgeous throughout every stage of her career with a perfectly highlighted honey brown color. Sometimes I add in some more blonde highlights, which blend in so well with the honey and light brown, but I really love her both ways. For me, fabulous color and a Redken Shades EQ Gloss service is a must before hitting the red carpet!” — Redken Celebrity Colorist Tracey Cunningham
Get The Color:
- Hairline Formula (Zone 1): .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 7NN, 5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 8NN + 1 oz. Redken Chromatics Oil In Cream Developer 20 Volume
- Base Formula (Zone 1): .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 7NN, .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 6NN, .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 7NA, .5 oz. Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich in 6NA + 2 oz. Redken Chromatics Oil In Cream Developer 10 Volume
- Highlight Formula: 2 oz. Redken Flash Lift + 2 oz. Redken Pro-oxide Cream Developer 30 Volume
- Hairline Gloss (Zone 1 Only): .5 oz. Redken Shades EQ Gloss 07NB + .5 oz. Redken Shades EQ Gloss 08GG + 1 oz. Shades EQ Processing Solution
Rising to fame on the ever-popular TikTok, Addison Rae opted for a 90s-inspired crimson gown with spaghetti strap details. Drawing on the silhouette of her dress, Celebrity Hairstylist Danielle Priano gave Addison Rae an ultra glossy ponytail that completely stole the show.
“We drew inspiration from the classic silhouette of Addison’s gorgeous dress and decided to go with a ponytail. However, this isn’t your average ponytail – we had to make it more modern with the length and high shine, courtesy of the NEW! Redken Shine Flash.” — Celebrity Hairstylist Danielle Priano
Get The Style:
Image: Courtesy of Danielle Priano
- Prep hair by washing with the NEW! Redken Extreme Length Shampoo With Biotin and Conditioner With Biotin to strengthen lengths and soften strands.
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of NEW! Redken Oil For All to your lengths and ends to soften, add shine, and heat protect.
- Using a fine-toothed comb, center part your hair then blow-dry with a boar-bristled until fully dry.
- Create a few bends in your lengths with a curling iron and lightly comb through to soften. If desired, add hair extensions for dramatic length.
- Once your hair is fully dry, spritz a few spritzes of the NEW! Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo at your roots for a touch of volume while maintaining your look.
- Pull your hair up into a high ponytail while maintain your part using a fine-toothed comb. Secure tightly with a hair elastic.
- Spritz Redken Triple Pure 32 Hairspray over your look for high hold, without the crunch.
- For added polish and glamour, spritz the NEW! Redken Shine Flash all over your hair for a high-gloss, ‘glass hair’ shine.