Fashion weeks are beginning to commence all over the globe and one of the hottest trends fresh out of AW24/25 NYFW was the wet hair trend seen at Prabal Gurung. For the show, Wella Professionals partnered with Prabal Gurung, and hair was led by Dyson Global Ambassador and lead stylist Jawara and Wella Professionals Brand Ambassador and co-lead by stylist Briana Cisneros, who created this season’s hottest hair look while focusing on the health of the hair.
Fashion Week is Focusing on Healthy Hair with The Wet Look
"To complement this collection, we wanted the hair to look powerful, effortless, strong and modern through the wet piecy look. Using Wella Professionals Ultimate Repair Miracle Hair Rescue, we were able to create this look and bring the runway vision to life while ensuring our models' hair health." — Prabal Gurung
During fashion week models undergo constant styling which can often leave their hair looking dull and damaged. This is exactly why the wet look seen at Prabal Gurung was such a hit — it shined a light on the importance of healthy hair making it the star of the show. To repair hair instantly and give models hair that felt as great as it looked, the signature product of the night was Wella Professionals Ultimate Repair Miracle Hair Rescue — giving models repaired and resilient hair at the show.
The Red Carpet, the runway, street style — the wet hair trend has been trending this season thanks to celebrities and a renewed focus on healthy hair. Whether you like this slinky sleek look due to its ease of styling or simply as a new way to wear your hair — we’ve got the tips to create the look featuring the new Dyson Supersonic r!
Prabal Garung AW24/25 NYFW — How To Get The Look:
- First, prep the hair with Wella Professionals Ultimate Repair Miracle Hair Rescue and wait 90 seconds before combing through to ensure the hair stays protected from any damage while styling.
- Then, saturate the hair from root to tip with Wella Professionals EIMI Root Shoot and Glam Mist.
- Part the hair in three places: on the left side at the high point of the eyebrow and on the sides, at the beginning of each ear.
- Take a small piece of hair from the front, and using Wella Professionals EIMI Sculpt Force, swoop the hair bringing it behind the ear, and pin at the nape of the neck leaving the rest of the loose hair in front of the ear.
- Dry using the Dyson Supersonic r with the diffuser attachment.
- Tie the rest of the hair at the back with a hair elastic toward the end in a crisscross shape.
- Complete select ends of the hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Pearl Styler to any dryer ends to ensure the wet look.
- Finish the look by spraying Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm on the front wisps to ensure everything stays in place, and set with the Dyson Supersonic r with the concentrator attachment.
This leave-in miracle treatment repairs hair damage from the inside out in just 90 seconds for 99% less breakage. Popular skincare ingredients Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) and Omega-9 rebuild bonds on the inside for a strong hair core and replenish the hair outside by coating the surface and filling in the cuticle to re-create hair’s protective barrier.