The high bun is the original silhouette of the now classic topknot and while topknots haven’t waned in popularity, they are undergoing an upgrade for the season. Taking on a more refined role and structure. A timeless high bun shows off the shoulders and cheekbones and compliments countless outfits. In this tutorial, Sherri Jessee shows us how to achieve an effortless look with just a few quick tips.
1. Smooth hair high up on the head and secure with an elastic band. (If hair is thick or textured, performing a directional blow dry will aid in creating a seamless look.)
2. Move the ponytail forward and pin a bun pad on the head.
3. Sweep the ponytail back and cover the bun pad. Pin the ends.
4. Pin a hair extension on at the base of the bun.
5. Wrap the extension around the bun and pin to secure.
6. Accessorize with a pearl necklace or a floral headband.
Hair & Makeup: Sherri Jessee
Photo: Nathan Mays
Model: Shelsi Webb