In part three of the Foundation Blow Dry Series, Sam shows us how to curl your hair with a round brush! Follow the video and see the steps below!
Author Lya Navarra
Thermal brushes are fundamental for conclusive finished results on medium to fine hair types. Have you ever thought about heating up the barrel of your thermal brush with the heat from your blow dryer prior to placing the brush into your sections?
The heated brush will affect the section immediately as it comes into contact with the hair. Case in point—as the heated brush barrel begins the drying process on the inside of the section, the heat of the dryer assures the drying process on the outside of the section. Double action=faster drying time!
Tools of Choice:
- Sam Villa Signature Series Thermal Brush
- Sam Villa Professional Ionic Blow Dryer w/Nozzle
- Sam Villa Dry Sectioning Clips
Product of Choice:
How to Curl With Your Round Brush & Blow Dryer
- Once your have your section completely dry, point the top side of the brush to the head
- Proceed to unwrap the brush out of the section in the same direction that you wrapped the section while drying
HOT TIP: Be sure to maintain a tight coil while unwrapping
- Once the section is unwrapped, immediately apply a light mist of Redken triple take 32 to the entire section
- Pick up the section with your index finger and overlap with the opposite index finger
- Begin a swaying motion, rocking back and forth to wrap the section to the head in a barrel curl
- Secure the curl with a dry sectioning clip to allow the section to cool and rest. Why this clip? These professionally designed clips provide maximum grip on dry hair without leaving any lines of demarcation
This technique makes perfect sense and the end results are outstanding when going for a definite curl pattern in your blow dry. The key is the cooling and resting period to ensure long lasting curl pattern.
Stay tuned for part four as we show you how to apply mousse prior to blow drying the hair.
Check out the Sam Villa LIMITED EDITION Professional Blow Dryer (soft metallic purple).