As a hairstylist and makeup artist, there is nothing Sherri Jessee can't do. Although usually we get to see gorgeous braids and updo's, in this tutorial she is taking us through a beautiful makeup application, perfect for a special occasion or fun night out on the town! Follow along below and be sure to leave any comments and questions in the box below!
1. Eyebrow Powder or Brow Balm. Use an angled brush and brown shadow to fill in and correct eyebrow shape. For extra drama, be sure to emphasize the arch.
2. Shadow Primer. Using a concealer brush, apply a shadow primer like Urban Decay Eden closely to the brow line and over the entire lid.
3. Light Shadow. Cover entire lid with light shade of eyeshadow like “Bisque.”
4. Dark Shadow. Gently sweep brown shade like “Dusk” just over the curve of the eye and blend. This helps emphasize the eyes creating the illusion of depth.
5. Super wear Gel Eye Liner in “Onyx.” Go close to the lash line on the top and line the water-line on the bottom.
6. Accent Color. For more drama, use a flat brush and smudge the liner with an accent color of choice like “Concord” close to the lash line on top and bottom.
7. Pop of Color . Sweep a pink shade above the crease line for softness.
8. Mascara. Brush on mascara to combine your lashes with false lashes. Apply to the upper and lower lashes. Be sure to comb out any clumps for a natural appearance.
9. Lashes. Apply single lashes with a tiny dot of glue and drop at the base of the lashes. When using a strip lash, trim it to fit your eye and allow the glue to dry about 30 seconds before applying as close to the lash line as possible.
10. Foundation. The Temptu Air brush is great for flawless coverage. A spoon works great to cover the eye area. If not available, use a foundation brush to lightly apply foundation...or a powder brush to apply mineral powder to even skin tone.
11. Blush can also be applied with airbrush. Spray lightly from the apples of the cheeks toward the hairline.
12. Contour and Highlight. Apply light tan/taupe shade to the hollows of the cheeks. For more drama, you can also lightly sweep under the jawline, and down the sides of the nose and apply highlighter above the cheek bone, on the brow bone, and on the bow of the lip. Try “Afternoon Delight” Contour Duo.
13. Lip Color. Use a lip brush to apply long wear lip color. Go just outside the natural lip line and fill in entire lip. Allow to dry and add lipstick or gloss, if desired. Shade shown here is “Bridal Rose.”
14. Under Eye. Use a concealer brush to apply a brightening concealer under the eyes. Featured here is “Bye Bye Under Eye” by IT Cosmetics.
For even more tutorials be sure to stalk Sherri Jessee on Bangstyle and check out these tutorials!
Hair and Makeup: Sherri Jessee
Photography: Nathan Mays