Sarah Burton’s Fall/Winter Collection for Alexander McQueen seemed to add on to the influences incorporated in her Spring/Summer collection. Although last season there was a Scottish influence from the Shetland Islands, this season took from that the deep, dark, almost dream-like state of a stormy seaside coast full of primeval influence. Burton’s Ready-To-Wear for Fall 2017 showed off a feminine strength rooted in the Middle Ages and simple, soft, and unstructured for the modern woman. A look both in fashion and beauty most are calling “bewitching”.
“This season at McQueen, it’s all about soft, romantic hair. I’ve added some extensions into the hair but left the models’ natural lengths showing so it almost looks like they did it themselves. It feels a bit Pagan and witchy while at the same time, authentically McQueen. I’m using Braid Aid 03 to make the braids then gently brushing them out for some softness.” –Guido
GET THE LOOK
- Create a clean center part using fingers, keeping the hairline soft.
- Divide hair into five to eight sections, depending on thickness of the hair.
- Use a pea-sized amount of Redken Braid Aid 03 to each section. Braid each section tightly, starting at the root all the way to the ends.
- Run a flat iron over each of the braids for a few seconds to enhance the texture, and follow with a blow dryer to help set. Allow hair to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the braids.
- Use your fingers to gently tousle for added texture.
- For a light hold, finish with a spritz of Redken Fashion Work 12 Hairspray.