An exciting new bridal season is upon us, and as women all over the world prepare for their big day, they can gather inspiration for their wedding from their favorite designers. This year, Monique Lhuillier debuted a collection that paid homage to traditions of seasons past. Drawing on more classic lines and shapes, she wanted brides to feel special and timeless on their day, not trendy.
When it came to the hair, Redken Brand Ambassador Rodney Cutler created a romantic chignon to compliment the grandness of the gowns. “We went for a more natural, chic look at the Monique show. It’s a simple look, since the dresses are so spectacular. I was inspired by a ballerina bun that a girl could do herself at home. I pulled the hair back into a low ballerina bun and raked my hands through it for a bit of a natural airy, texture, while finishing with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray and topping off some of the models’ hair with a floral embellishment. The hair is a fun, beautiful look that doesn’t take away from the clothes.” – Redken Brand Ambassador Rodney Cutler.
Follow the steps below to get the look:
1. Prep hair with Redken Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam for volume and light texture.
2. Blow dry the product through the hair with flat brush, brushing the hair away from face.
3. Using a 1” curling iron, curl throughout the length for added texture.
4. Using your fingers, rake hair back into a not-too-tight ponytail, allowing baby hairs to fall.
5. Taking the length of the ponytail, fold hair in half into itself to create a modern ballerina bun.
6. Utilize bobby pins as needed to hold the bun.
7. Finish with Redken’s Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray to add soft hold and shine.