Competition work is one of the best ways to push yourself creatively in the beauty industry. It allows artists to go outside their everyday routines and work on projects that reinvigorate their passion for hairdressing. If you’re looking for a way to get involved in competition work this year, COTY Professional Beauty has just announced the 2020 North American Beauty Envision Awards! This is a competition for salon professionals who are ready to unleash their creativity and envision the next era of beauty.
Witnessing the amplification of natural texture within the industry, they have decided to create a new category this year, “Natural Texture Artist,” sponsored by Clairol Professional. Embracing natural hair texture is a movement that is here to stay! “The purpose of the Beauty Envision Awards is to celebrate the craft and hero the professionals – last year we expanded our categories and this year, with the addition of the Natural Texture Artist category, we are excited to celebrate all hair types and textures. We can’t wait to see the beautiful looks that come out of this new category,” says Carole Protat, Senior Creative Director NA.
Keep reading to learn more about the details of the competition and how to enter!
On August 9, 2020, finalists will compete to showcase their talents in nine unique categories:
- NEW “Natural Texture Artist” sponsored by Clairol Professional: A total look challenge that encourages competitors to show off the beautiful, natural texture of curly, coily and wavy hair. Competitors will be judged on creativity, color and architecture of the
hairs' shape. (#ClairolPro2020BEA)
- “Color Artist of the Year” sponsored by Wella Professionals: Participants will prove
they are masters in color artistry through their choice of color palette and technique. Participants will be judged on their knowledge of how the perfect color placement is crucial in a cohesive total look. (#usWella2020BEA) for US and PR residents or #caWella2020BEA for Canadian residents)
- “Editorial Artist” sponsored by ghd: Competitors push the boundaries by creating a modern yet wearable hair look. Entries will be judged on a complete look and feel, level of innovation, inclusion of techniques and commercialization. (#ghd2020BEA)
- “Creative Artist” sponsored by Sebastian Professional: Competitors will showcase and be judged on exceptional skills in cut, style and texture via progressive styling, revolutionary technique and creative concept. (#Sebastian2020BEA)
- “Men’s Artist” sponsored by SebMan: Participants should utilize hair design elements that highlight professional knowledge of technique and balance with facial structure in mind. Entries will be judged on mastery in progressive styles, intricate techniques and creativity. (#SebMan2020BEA)
- “Total Transformation” sponsored by Kadus: Competitors showcase their skills by taking their client from drab to fab. Stylists must showcase mastery in color, cut and style through a true total transformation. (#Kadus2020BEA)
- “Bridal Hair Artist” sponsored by NIOXIN: Entries must be elegant and beautiful upstyles, and showcase technical hair artistry. Look must be wedding wearable yet innovative and creative. (#Nioxin2020BEA)
- “Nail Artist” sponsored by OPI: Competitors are encouraged to express their individuality with a variety of hues that evoke the influence and creativity of color. Entries will be judged on creativity, flawless application and salon style sculpting. (#OPI2020BEA)
- “FUTURE STAR”: Category is exclusively for cosmetology students to compete by submitting a limitless, bold, bright and fearless total look that shows understanding of cutting, styling, texture and color within a contemporary and wearable style. (#FutureStar2020BEA)
To enter, entrants simply post a photo of a final look on Instagram with the applicable category hashtag and mention @wellaeducation in the caption. Entrants may enter as many categories as desired with the same image.
Entries open 12:01 AM ET February 15, 2020 – 11:59 PM ET May 1, 2020. Semi-finalists will be judged via online voting and a judging panel of top industry professionals. Ten semi-finalists per category will be announced online on May 24, 2020.
The winner of each category will receive:
- $5,000 Visa gift card
- Pro products from ProfessionalStore.com
Additionally, winners of the Wella “Color Artist of the Year” will qualify to attend International TrendVision Creative Retreat in 2021.
For more information on how to enter, rules and regulations visit: