Drawing on her SS2018 Show, Maria Grazia Chiuri kept the sentiment of nostalgia alive for the Dior Couture show this week. With commanding shapes of stripes, checkers, and polka dots all in black and white, Surrealism was the name of the game. The inspiration came from a gallery exhibition Monsieur Dior and artist Leonor Fini had worked on together, prior to Dior becoming a designer. To complement these shapes, colors, and movements Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau created chic, elegant updos at the show, which took place at the Musée Rodin in Paris. Guido said, “The look at Dior is very boyish, chic and elegant. I used Redken Satinwear 04 on damp hair, then blew it out to get a shiny, smooth texture.” To recreate the look, simply follow the steps below!
GET THE LOOK:
2. Create a deep side part with a fine-toothed comb.
3. Prep your lengths and ends using Redken Satinwear 04 to protect your hair from heat.
4. Start blow drying with a round bristle brush section by section, pointing the blow dryer downward at the crown to keep your hairline neat and frizz-free.
5. Once fully dry, brush your hair into a low ponytail in the back using a boar-bristled brush, smoothing as you go.
6. Secure your lengths with a black hair elastic, covering the elastic with the surrounding hair and pinning it with a bobby pin.
7. Finish with Redken Fashion Work 12 to clean up any flyaways around the hairline and to provide a medium hold to the ponytail.
COVER IMAGE: Jason Lloyd Evans @JasonLloydEvans
Stay tuned for even more behind the scenes fashion week inspiration coming your way soon! Be sure to stalk Redken on Bangstyle, check out their latest tutorials and follow them on Instagram @Redken for daily updates!