Heading into fall, its a great idea to keep a few on-trend hairstyle ideas on hand for all your fall brides. While summer brides usually ask for loose waves or curls, fall brides are on the hunt for creative styles with an elegant finish. The classic bun is a perfect look for any bride. Caralee Pridemore, Sam Villa Ambassador and Founder of Sweetly Pinned @caraleestyles, specializes in on-site bridal hair. Every bride deserves the best, and Pridemore has perfected her craft to offer the most beautiful hairstyles for every hair type and bride. For the fall, she’s predicting full buns.
“Voluminous buns are a fun way to celebrate. They’re perfect for those with fine or thin hair because wefts can be added to help create a larger shape, and they also work great for those with fuller texture looking for a special occasion style that can still provide some control,” says Pridemore.
How to: Full Fall Bun
- Section off a horizontal slice at the nape and continue all over the head using a Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron to create a strong foundation.
- Start compressing the iron about 2” off the scalp to give hair grip for backcombing.
- Create curls all over the head using a Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand 1”.
- After prepping, use a tail comb to backcomb at the crown.
- Take a few sections toward the lower center of the head and pin in place, creating depth and dimension at the crown.
- Craft a low ponytail and use a hair donut and halo extensions OR clip in extensions around the bun.
- Place the ponytail through the donut with extensions.
- Create 3 separate ponytails and wrap them around the hair donut to cover, alternating directions.
Pin in place and gently curl the front pieces left out away from the face using a Sam Villa Signature Series Sleekr Professional Straightening Iron.
Shop The Look:
To learn more from the Sam Villa Team, check out FREE weekly Facebook Live classes and 10-minute YouTube tutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.