From Byron Bay to Coachella Valley, music festival season has officially started. While you frolic in the sun and don your favorite Bey-chella outfit it’s time to let loose and feel the positive vibes with this modern day Farrah Fawcett inspired style. Anna Peters, Sam Villa ArTeam, shares the process the ArTeam took to create this look that’s perfect for festival season. Teach guests these simple steps for a free-flowing 70’s style.
- Prep dry hair with Redken Iron Shape 11 for heat protection and style longevity. Mist working in horizontal 1” deep sections throughout the hair. Comb through.
- Using the Sam Villa Signature Series Tail Comb, weave through a horizontal section as if creating a heavy highlight. Take highlighted pieces; work the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron gently through, compressing down on each section. Finish entire head.
- Create a large triangle section with the top of the triangle at the high point of head dropping diagonally down to the outside corner of each eye.
- Mist triangle section with Redken Iron Shape 11 to dampen hair, add heat protection and hold. Divide triangle in half horizontally. Take the bottom section first, place the Sam Villa Light Professional Ionic Blow Dryer and Sam Villa Signature 1.5 Thermal Styling Brush at the base on top of the section. Direct hair down and roll back up on to itself with the blow dryer following the brush heating up the hair. Continue same motion with the top section. This will direct the front hair to sweep down and away from the face.
- Using the Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand 1” in the wand mode, wrap various sections of hair around the iron, all moving back and away from the face.