Glam waves are an effortless style that flatters most dresses and bridal styles and can even be paired with chic accessories to tie a look together. Soft and effortless, to get the look it can truly be one of the most difficult styles to master. To give a few insider secrets, Lindsey Olson, Sam Villa Ambassador @lindsey.marie.olson, has expert tips for combining product, heat, tension and cooling to create glam waves with maximum hold.
Tips To Get a Glam Wave Look
- Dry moussing creates a strong foundation for long-lasting style. Apply Redken Guts 10 onto dry hair and quickly dry with a Sam Villa Vision Blow Dryer and paddle brush. See demo here.
- Wands with longer barrels make working on longer hair much easier because there is more surface area for heat distribution and tension. Try using a Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand 1" to wand and wrap hair with high tension into a 3D curl. Then pin it on base to cool to create a bouncy long-lasting curl.
- When dressing a curl set, do it in stages. Start by coating hands with Redken Shine Flash and raking through hair to break it up, then use a comb and finally a finishing brush for shaping and polishing. Have no fear, the products used to set the wave will help curls last. Leaving aluminum clips (have a looser grip/do not leave marks) in the ridges between waves for at least 20 minutes, or even up until the last minute, will also help. A can of hairspray can be used to help define ridges.
- For the smoothest shiniest waves, use a boar bristle brush like the Sam Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush versus a paddle brush with larger pins which can leave marks in the hair and cannot deliver as much sheen.
- *PRO-TIP: “Since hair can create shadows in images, crafting a side part and pinning one side back is great for brides because it opens up at least one side of their face for more photography options,” adds Olson.
Shop The Look:
Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand 1"
Redken Shine Flash Shine Spray
Sam Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush
Tune in weekly to learn more valuable information from Sam Villa and team here. Including “Mannequin Mondays,” “Transformation Tuesdays” and “Wellness Wednesdays” on Facebook @SamVillaPros and YouTube @SamVillaHair. Quarterly “Show Must Go On” events can also be accessed on the same channels for FREE!