When Susan Kelechi Watson took the stage with This Is Us co-star Sterling K. Brown to present the best TV series, musical or comedy. Seeing the stunning duo, dressed up, side by side was the much-needed reunion we all needed. Already making the rounds as one of the top looks of the night, we couldn’t get enough of Susan's ocean blue beaded fringe gown designed by Georges Hobeika Couture and her smooth and effortlessly sleek hairstyle by Celebrity Hairstylist and Redken Global Consultant Vernon François. In addition to creating a beautiful low pony, Susan decided to take a few inches off, transforming her hair into a chic bob right before the award show using Sam Villa Professional Shears. All in all, it’s safe to say we love everything about her look and the stylistic choices Vernon François took to get there.
“Susan has been wanting to change her hairstyle, and now is the perfect time to explore that. Today, we’re cleansing and conditioning her hair with Redken’s NEW! Acidic Bonding Concentrate range, then cutting her hair into a sleek bob using Sam Villa Professional Shears and blow-drying it, which is different for her. I love the look!” – Celebrity Hairstylist Vernon François.
*GET THE LOOK:
- Cleanse and condition hair using Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo and Conditioner. *Vernon’s pro tip? Leave the conditioner on for 10 minutes or so while massaging the scalp, then rinse off.
- Apply Redken Acidic Perfecting Concentrate Leave-In for heat protection and to strengthen hair. *Vernon’s pro tip: “I love Redken Acidic Perfecting Concentrate Leave-In for blow-drying in and for perfecting the natural curl pattern. It’s extremely versatile!”
- For Susan’s look today, her hair was blow-dried using a round brush.
- Next up, for Susan, a fresh cut. *Vernon: “As a hairdresser, I have my own technique, usually cutting hair freehand while it’s dry. Always see a professional for this part!”
- Next, her hair was parted in a deep side part.
- Spritz Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo onto the mid-lengths and ends of the hair to break it up and give a soft, fluffy feel, before blasting with a hairdryer.
- Add soft bends to the length with a curling iron using a medium/medium-high heat, then, spritz Redken Shine Flash all over for a high-gloss finish.
- If desired, use a hair elastic to secure hair into a low ponytail.
- Finish with an all-over spritz of Redken Triple Take 32 Hairspray. *Vernon: “This has become one of my number one favorite products. I love and use this all the time. It’s very flexible with a high-hold finish.”
*Quote and steps to get the look provided by Redken and originally published here.