A new year calls for a new look and changing up your hair colour is one of the easiest and fastest ways to make a major impact. This 2016, we are all about eye-catching, head-turning results that only look difficult to achieve. So this year, resolve to step off the treadmill of basic, classic highlights and add get glowing with one of our favorite new techniques for effortless, beautiful colour.
COLOR.MASTER Marsha Moran loves the natural end results achieved by the DUSK.GLOW technique. She believes the colour trends for 2016 are more about natural beauty and shiny, healthy hair. Marsha says “2016 colour shades to look out for are pinky-rose coppers, steal blondes, espresso brunettes, iridescent strawberries and playful pastels.”
Creating a shadow effect at the new growth area can add instant depth to your client’s skin tone as the POP of brightness softens the over all feel. This colour trend technique for 2016 is quick and easy to learn.
This 2016 colour technique can draw focus into the eye area while maximising bright contrast. COLOR.ME creates the perfect balance of beautiful hair colour and natural beauty.
When consulting with your client/hairdresser here are a few tips when describing this trend-setting technique:
- “Deeper new growth with lightness in ends”
- “Dimmer new growth area keeping the brightness in the ends”
- “Brighter ends creating depth at the new growth area”
COLOR.ME Technique Step-by-Step:
Choosing formulations to recreate this technique:
FOIL APPLICATION: Half Head T-section – Thick weave highlight with dispersed placement - alternating two light colours
- Section hair into half head T-sectioning pattern
- Apply dispersed highlights alternating two colours
- Apply new growth formulation descending 2”
- Apply mid-lengths and ends: Softly blending the new growth area downward 3” blending into the mid-shaft formulation
- Develop colour
- Emulsify and rinse colour: Stabilise PH with STAYLING.ALIVE. Wash with BALANCING.WASH and rinse with BORN.AGAIN
- Style with recommended KEVIN.MURPHY products
KEVIN.MURPHY Products used:
For more colour techniques, tips, imagery and inspiration please make sure to stalk COLOR.ME by KEVIN.MURPHY on Bangstyle.