KEVIN.MURPHY joined forces with EdwardsAndCo to bring opulent hair to life at the Macgraw 2019 Resort show. Inspired by one of Sydney’s grandest mansions, Swifts, the collection was utterly romantic. Colors went from muted pastels and lace to lavish reds and blacks. Flats were worn throughout – a trend any woman can get behind. To achieve the hair Edwards and Co-Head Stylists and MBFWA Co-Creative Hair Directors, Byron Turnbull and Jayde Turner-Ledwidge, utilized some of our favorite KEVIN.MURPHY products. Follow along below to see the steps they took to get the look:
- Section hair in a middle part and prep with ANTI.GRAVITY.
- Dry product in making sure not to blow dry hair smooth to allow for ample texture.
- Spray hair with SESSION.SPRAY and brush out.
- Using a 19mm tong, wrap hair in a ribbon formation, interchanging between curling under and curling over. Once done, let the hair cool.
- Grab sections of hair nearest to the top of the part and tong starting at eyebrow level to create an off the face curl. Once cooled, spray DOO.OVER and shake the curl out.
- Take two strands each side of the part, twisting hair to the back of the head then secure with pins.
- Depending on texture, finish with DOO.OVER or for an amazing floating feel use HAIR.RESORT.
- To complete the look, attach jewels into hair by weaving into twists.