While Award Season is a great time to catch inspiring speeches, best dressed and funny faux pas up and down the Red Carpet, it has also become a dictator or movements of all kinds. This season, eyes are on celebrities all over the world to pick up on inspiration. We are breaking down some of the top styles with Pureology Artist Sandy Joesph. Follow along below to take a peek at the styles you may have missed and find out how to achieve them!
A Soft Up Style Inspired By Nicole Kidman
1. Begin your look with a light mist of Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Beautifier on damp hair. This leave-in treatment will protect hair from heat, add strength, and keep your haircolor looking vibrant. Layer a golf ball size amount of Pureology Clean Volume Weightless Mousse throughout for soft volume and hold. Create a center part, then blow dry with a medium round brush for bend and shape.
2. Lightly lace the root area in the crown for volume. Gather all the hair in the back of the head and secure a ponytail around the occipital area. Twist pony then wrap into a bun. Secure with pins then mist over a light layer of Pureology Strengthening Control Hairspray for flexible hold and shine.
3. Section hair on the top of the head and secure with a prong clip. Lightly lace both panels on the sides of the head for added volume and texture. Smooth each panel towards the back of the head, twist panels from the mid-shaft to the ends, then wrap twists around the bun. Secure with pins. Hot Tip! Gently pull apart the bun for a softer look.
4. Lastly, create a center part with the top section. Starting a few inches from the roots, wrap 1-inch sections of hair around a large curling iron on a diagonal, creating elongated curls. Tousle curls with your fingers to soften, then finish your look with a light layer of Pureology Supreme Control Hairspray for added shine and a long-lasting hold.
A Classic Ballerina Bun Inspired By Rachel Brosnahan
1. To smooth hair, protect color, and banish frizz all in one step, apply a quarter size amount of Pureology Smooth Perfection Style + Care Infusion from roots to ends. Blow dry with a flat brush directing the roots away from the hairline towards the crown.
2. Create a high ponytail then mist the pony throughout with Pureology Strengthening Control Hairspray for texture and hold. Take small sections of the ponytail and lace from roots to ends. Using a soft bristle brush, smooth the surface of the ponytail making sure not to remove the interior lacing. Wrap the ponytail around the base, then secure with pins. Hot Tip! Use a donut form around the base of the pony then wrap hair around the donut for a fuller look.
3. Apply a small amount of Pureology Clean Volume Weightless Mousse along the hairline with your fingertips. Use a comb on a slight angle to smooth mousse along the top, sides, and back to add hold and keep down fly-aways. Finish your beautiful style with a light mist ofPureology Supreme Control Hairspray for maximum hold and a radiant shine that lasts all evening.