Does fine hair get your (style) down? We get it! Often stylists don’t know what to do when a finely textured client sits in their chair. While it may seem like there have been one too many rules in the past it’s time to forget the notion that fine and thin hair shouldn’t be layered or texturized! In fact, this fabric comes alive with well-planned techniques that allow it to float and move while keeping the look of density through the ends.
Andrew Carruthers, Education Director for Sam Villa, is teaching a 90 minute LIVE and interactive online academy class on Tuesday, August 28th @ 6pm EST/3pm PST. Register @ https://www.samvilla.com/landing/live-workshops/, $24.95 pre-purchase/$34.95 after the LIVE event.
· Adapting elevation, over direction and sectioning to suit fine hair
· Utilizing detachment (or disconnection) when layering to retain perimeter density
· Texturizing techniques that won’t leave hair wispy or deflated
· Blow drying tips to maximize fullness
· Answers to live questions during the class
Stylists are encouraged to grab a mannequin and tripod and work hands-on throughout the class. Whether you want to rewatch the class or in case you miss the live event, you can always replay and watch anytime!
Credits: Hair: Sam Villa ArTeam and Photo: Shalem Kitter and Katie Parker (lower right)