As we begin to head back to work, there will be an entirely new set of problems that you'll need to find solutions for. “As a stylist, the only way to endure this unpredictable time is to embrace the reality that things are really different and then learn new ways of doing things so you can adapt and survive,” explains Sam Villa, Co-Founder of Sam Villa and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken. In an effort to help stylists and salons thrive, Sam and his ArTeam, Andrew Carruthers, Anna Peters and Jesse Linares, along with special guests, Fumi Eguchi, Creative Director at Lunatic Fringe Salons and Hugo Urias, Director of Redken Creates Design and Finishing, are spending two days sharing tips for Hair @ the Chair Today on Sunday 9/20 and Monday 9/21 on Facebook and YouTube.
“We’re focusing on finding different ways to maximize results with minimum effort so stylists can book more appoints in a day,” adds Villa. “Stay positive, there’s a solution to most problems.”
Common Problems & Solutions
- Guest doesn’t have time for color but wants fullness at the crown? Turn to a cutting technique that disrupts the interior underlayer to develop more volume.
- Can’t double book color clients due to new restrictions? Learn techniques with less foils that yield the impact of longer services.
- Can’t have guests waiting in common areas? Switch to virtual consultations to save time!
- Can’t blow dry due to restrictions? Learn value-added ways to style and treat hair so pricing can remain consistent.
- Shampoo bowel backed up or taking too much time? Expand dry cutting skills with both shears and razors that deliver beautiful texture and movement.