As a brand Sam Villa is known for creating quality tools designed by a stylist for stylists. With their latest release: The Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand 1” they give you a tool you a multipurpose tool that you can create various styles from. And with natural texture being as hot as ever, it’s the perfect time to introduce a curling iron, “An iron is necessary behind the chair to create today’s soft texture, but it’s all about free styling to create multi-textured styles, versus precision styling,” says Sam Villa, co-founder of Sam Villa® and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken 5thAvenue.
The Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron & Wand 1” is unique in two ways:
1. It has a 1” barrel circumference (the most popular size) with the added benefit of the barrel length being 3/4” longer than traditional irons, making it ideal for longer hair styling.
2. With the simple touch of a button it can go from a Marcel iron to a wand.
“With natural texture back in fashion in a strong way, people with straight hair are going to be looking for ways to create texture and curl. Part of the value of this iron is that the more you mix the Marcel and wand textures, the more natural the overall texture looks,” he adds.
Villa recommends mixing Marcel Curls with a Lazy Curl. A Lazy Curl is created by flat wrapping hair around the wand half way down and then switching the wrap direction for the remainder of the section. By changing the direction of the curl and leaving the ends out, it creates more of a lazy curl. Watch the video below to see how to get the look!
Tips for Using Curling Irons
• Curl size is determined by the size of the section.
• Measure temperature with finger – when finger is hot, hair is ready to be unrolled.
• Allowing curls to cool promotes definition – pulling before cooling will loosen the curl pattern.
• Leave ends out to create more modern textures.
• Take random sections and mix curl patterns to create a more natural effect.
Take a peek at all of the beautiful tools Sam has created for artists. For even more hair care and styling tips, be sure to stalk Sam Villa Professional on Bangstyle and check out all of his tools in the Bangstyle Store!