Vivienne Mackinder - Founder of Hair Designer TV, believes the perfect ponytail should only take 10-15 minutes and look good from every angle. In her latest tutorial, The Ponytail Story on HairDesignerTV.com highlights the top 5 factors to take into consideration: Face Shape, Head Shape, Profile, Mood/Fashion and Looking at the Big Picture - to create the perfect finished look.
5 Tips for Creating the Perfect Ponytail
- Face Shape - Take hair away from the face and assess how to make it look more oval – figure out what needs to be added or taken away to find balance.
- Head Shape - Study the shape of the head (round, oval, square, etc) and decide where it needs to be narrowed or widened to create beauty.
- Profile - Is the profile concave, convex or straight? The goal is to give the appearance of the chin and forehead being in alignment.
- Mood and Fashion - Is a clean tight ponytail going to fit the face shape, personality and lifestyle…or relaxed soft and undone?
- Look at the Big Picture - When designing, stop and look at the total shape, don't get lost in the detail…remember, a mirror is a tool - use it!
To learn more from Vivienne and get a sneak peek of what HairDesignerTV.com has to offer, be sure to tune into an exclusive Facebook Live in partnership with Bangstyle! Vivienne will be taking us through a dynamic haircut tailor-made for the modern client in Iconic Cutting with Vivienne Mackinder!