amika loves a bold hair look and this one by Ashley Lynn Hall for Marie Claire Indonesia provides maximum impact! For the beauty editorial, Hall took the trend for bantu knots and gelled baby hairs to the next level. Learn how she created this look:
TWIST & CURL
1. Start off with damp hair.
2. Leave out a few tiny sections of hair around the hairline to place on the face.
3. Section hair from ear to ear going straight up. Spray the section with amika Touchable Hairspray. Smooth then twist into a tight knot & pin with hair pins.
4. Taking a second section from ear to ear this time section around the back of head. Repeat step 3 on the middle section and do the same with the last section.
5. Taking the tiny sections of hair left out around the face one at a time. Apply amika Touchable Hairspray to your fingertips and comb to smooth. Using the end of a weaving comb and your fingers create the desired shape on the face. Repeat with each section.
Be sure to stalk amika on Bangstyle to keep up on our latest imagery, product information, education and articles!