In Paris, Pierpaolo Piccioli debuted a whimsical collection for Valentino Fall 2017, only adding to the delicate romanticism of season’s past. Although not “sexy” by definition, with Victorian necklines and flowy silhouettes these designs spoke to a free-spirited audience. Models walked the runway to the music of the Oscar Winning movie Moonlight and Lion as they donned a free-flowing hairstyle to match the mood. Guido Palau, Global Creative Director for Redken, explains the inspiration for the look below and gives us the steps to get the look.
“This season we’re creating a ‘Valentino hippie.’ I’ve prepped the hair with All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner to achieve light, beautiful hair, then added a touch of Satinwear 04 on the crown to give texture. We’re doing a braid on either side of the hair as well as using a curling iron throughout the length. It’s a very soft, easy to wear look.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
- Prep hair with Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse the hair and add softness and shine.
- Use a pea size amount of Redken Satinwear 04 on top of the head then gently blow dry hair.
- Use fingers to gently tousle the hairline, keeping the look soft.
- Make a 1/2-inch-wide triangle on either side of the forehead and apply a pea size amount of Redken Braid Aid 03 for grip.
- Braid each side.
- At the end of each braid, spray Redken Fashion Work 12 Hairspray in place of an elastic to seal the end.
- To give a natural texture to the back, take a curling iron to gently curl random sections.
- Tuck the left braid behind the ear; keep the right one in front of the ear to make the final look asymmetrical.