While we absolutely love embracing natural texture patterns, sometimes we all want a change. If you have naturally curly hair and are looking to create a smooth, silky blowout, we’ve got a few tips to turn that blowout into a bombshell finish. To help create a salon-worthy finish, Molly Getz, Sam Villa Ambassador, Redken Artist, and Stylist at Soto Signature Salon & Spa @mollygetz, breaks down her method that requires both a paddle and oval brush – see it below and keep reading for her top tips!
“Make sure to use enough heat for good smoothing and redirecting. And always allow the hair to cool, that’s what gives a blowout longevity,” explains Getz.
- Apply Redken All Soft Moisture Restore Leave-In Treatment for smoothness and Thermal Spray 22 High Hold for protection.
- Use a Sam Villa Professional Light Ionic Blow Dryer and Signature Series Paddle Brush to wrap dry hair to confuse the roots and add volume.
- At the crown, wrap hair in the cardinal direction to maximize volume.
- Once hair is almost dry, switch to a Sam Villa Signature Series Oval Round Brush which provides a lot of tension for really smoothing hair out.
- Point the nozzle of the dryer downward and hold the brush in a diagonal position to create a slight wave and bend in the hair.
- Turn the brush and rotate it away from the head down each section to add additional bend.
- Once at the center back of the head, change directions and rotate the brush/hair away from the face.
- At the crown section, lift hair with the oval brush to create on-base curls and pull hair in the opposite direction that it falls.
- Rake fingers through to break up waves.
Shop The Products & Tools:
“This blow out will last for days and days and days…and it’s frizz-free and really full and shiny,” says Getz.
To learn more from the Sam Villa Team, check out FREE Facebook Live classes and YouTube tutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.