There is no doubt about it, blowouts always look fabulous— if they’re done correctly. While your stylist may be a blowout master, your attempts to recreate this look at home may have failed miserably. No matter what you do, you can’t seem to get the hang of it. We know its hard to get to the salon at times and we care about the health of your hair so we’re sharing the best blowout in five easy steps. Here’s how:
- Do Nothing: The first way to get a better blowout is to allow your hair to air dry, or towel dry. Allowing the moisture to leave your hair naturally will make the later styling process so much easier. This also cuts down on the amount of damage your hair gets day in and day out. That way, when you do get a blowout, it looks even better!
- Protect it: Always make sure to apply a heat protectant before using hot tools on your hair. You are at risk of damaging your hair each time you use a blow dryer, curling iron, or a straightener. Using a heat protectant will prevent your hair from damage such as split ends and breakage. Applying a heat protectant to damp hair is a quick step that will go a long way to protect your hair before it’s too late.
- Rough Dry: If your hair is still fairly damp, then make sure that you rough dry it before styling. To do this, just use your hand to shake your hair as you blow-dry it. If you need a brush to rid hair of tangles, opt for a vent or paddle brush. A rough dry simply removes any extra moisture to further help you style your hair. After the rough dry, your hair should be slightly damp and ready for that round brush!
- Choose Your Weapon Wisely: Okay, no weapons are needed— no hair was hurt during the making of this style. You may not need weapons, but what you do need is styling tools! Choosing the right brush is a crucial factor in obtaining a better blowout. The best brush for many when performing a blowout is a round brush. A round brush smooths and styles your hair as you dry it and allows for control. Depending on the size of the barrel, different round brushes will give you the size of curls or volume that you desire. Think of it this way: the bigger the brush, the bigger the style.
- Smooth it out: Once you’re done drying your hair, apply a smoothing gloss to tame any flyways that remain. Sometimes, your baby hairs just won’t cooperate and a smoothing product is the perfect way to put those babies to bed.
And that’s it! Follow these simple steps to get a better blowout. Create a professional look at home when you can’t make it to the salon.
Be sure to check out even more tips and tricks from label.m on Bangstyle to stay up to date on all the latest trends!