The bob — headlines say it comes and goes, but we never thought it went. The bob haircut is one of the most iconic haircuts of our time and with new iterations every season, modern takes on this classic continue to trend. With wavering lengths and new ways to style it, here are our favorite takes on the look for 2024.
The Top Bob Haircut Trends of 2024
The Chopped Bob
With a fresh take on a hybrid wolf cut, the chopped bob will continue in popularity this year thanks to its shaggy finish. It is a combination of choppy layers and full weight lines in a shorter bob-like shape. It gives off “The Rachel” vibes but in a modern way that’s easily translatable to a variety of hair types. After blowdrying, a texturizer like Wella Professionals EIMI Rugged Texture Hair Paste is key to getting the messy chic finish the look is known for.
The Mini Bob
The bob takes on shorter lengths with a trend that captures jawlines and allows us to get creative with our natural texture. From easily adding volume and movement to unlocking new ways to style your hair, the Mini Bob has a heavy, straight weight line and an ultra-short finish for a fun and flirty feel. While heat protectants are a must when wearing the trend straight, we love utilizing ULTIMATE REPAIR Miracle Hair Rescue as a leave-in product to scrunch natural texture and even enhance second-day hair.
The Italian Bob
It’s thick and chunky in all the right places and works well for all hair types — especially thicker textures. The Italian Bob is slightly longer than a classic bob and can be worn either natural or styled with a voluminous blow-dry. To avoid too much damage, this length needs a heat protectant each time you style and should be followed by Wella Professionals EIMI Glam Mist Shine Spray to keep your style in shape and show off all its details.
The Rounded Bob (Aka. Bubble Bob)
Offering a new take on the bob’s weight line, the rounded bob — also known to some as the Bubble Bob, is a softer take on the classic trend. It can be combined with rounded layers or a soft line to create a rounded edge finish that’s full of volume. To balance the shape, we suggest Wella Professionals EIMI Extra Volume Hair Mousse to add height and an airy finish throughout the look for a well-rounded finish.
Add A Touch of Shine To Every Service With Wella Professionals Shinefinity
Wella Professionals is the N°1 Salon Color Brand in the world.* Included in this, one of the brand's fan favorites includes Wella Professionals Shinefinity — a glazing treatment that will improve tone and add a Touch of Shine to every service. In addition to creating unbeatable shine and beautiful true-to-tone results, you can look forward to the following with Shinefinity: *Based on Wella Master Brand USD sales on the 2022 Salon Hair Care Study for the hair coloring products category published by Kline.
- 37 Demi-Permanent Shades that are intermixable for endless color options
- Offers up to 250% shinier hair*
- Up to 50% smoother hair**
- Up to 50% softer hair**
- Add a Touch of Shine to any service such as haircuts, styling & blowouts, root touch-ups, hair coloring, or a hair refresh.
- Tones that last up to 6 weeks
- Innovative formula regulates the pH of the hair to ensure it doesn’t fall below 6.5 for balanced, optimal color results.
- Can be used on natural hair color, after lightening, or in addition to gray coverage services.
- Pick from 2 developers: Bowl and Brush Activator or Bottle Activator
- Pick from Cool, Warm, Naturals, or Booster color palettes, Signature Naturals collection and the new Wella Professionals Shinefinity Flash Glaze shades are essential to use after any lightening service to create a bright blonde finish in just 5 minutes.
- Use Shinefinity to create shine, refresh color and highlights, add tone, enhance dimension, or correct color.
- 1 Shinefinity tube sold every 10 seconds in the world.
*versus untreated bleached hair
**Instrumental testing vs. our regular demi