From her viral “I neva freeze” Golden Globes video with Lupita Nyong’o and Michael B. Jordan to her fierce Red Carpet ensemble, Danai Gurira shined bright at the 2019 awards. Donning a metallic-red Rodarte dress, Louboutin heels, and Fred Leighton jewels – Danai ‘s hairstyle needed to hold its own. To get a complete look, Larry Sims for Biolage created a simple yet sophisticated upstyle, complete with a dazzling hair broach. Using Biolage stylers to get the look, Larry Sims utilized Danai’s natural texture, capitalizing on her wave and curl pattern.
Keep reading to see just how to recreate the style!
GET THE LOOK
- Dampen hair with a hot towel to soften
- Add a quarter size amount of Biolage 3 Butter Control System Day Cream on hair for moisture
- Next, spray Biolage Styling Thermal Active Spray before blow drying to stretch the cuticle
- Blowdry hair with a brush to maximize the length
- Next, apply Biolage Styling Texture SAP to hair to slick the sides up. Secure with Bobby Pins
- After sides are sleek, spray Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray to the rest of hair that is loose to enhance the natural wave and curl pattern
- Brush the top of hair with a brush away from the face with leaving a little height at the crown
- Twist hair at the back of the head section by section, securing with Bobby Pins in opposite directions to create a crowned finish
- Next, apply three drops of the Biolage SmoothProof Serum to the finished crowned bump
- Lastly, spray Biolage Styling Freeze Fix Hairspray to hold the look.
Red Carpet Image Credit: Getty
BTS Image Credit: Larry Sims