Sweater season isn’t just for festive lattes and twinkle lights. The holidays also allow us to play dress up just in time for the holidays. Whether you’ve got a family vacation planned or are toasting into the wee hours of the morning, we’ve got 3 easy hairstyles to add a little something extra to your look.
Easy Hairstyles for the 2022 Holiday Season
1. Snatched Messy Bun
@lexierainbolt My fav lazy but cute style with @Redken #RedkenProTok #RedkenPartner #RedkenStyling original sound - HairByLexie
The snatched bun has been everywhere this season. If super sleek isn't your style, finish the look with a messy, undone bun instead!
Get The Look:
- Start on freshly styled or second-day hair.
- Prep hair with Redken Thermal Spray 11 Low Hold and blow dry. Or spritz it on dry hair and run a flat iron over your strands.
- Apply Redken Max Sculpting Gel to the roots and brush it back into a slick ponytail.
- Next, run Redken Pliable Paste through the ends of your ponytail to smooth flyaways.
- Twist into a bun and secure with another elastic and bobby pins to finish the look.
Shop The Look:
2. Bubble Pony
@madeandtaylored Sleek bubble pony brought to you by @Redken ‘s spray wax and max sculpting gel #redkenpartner #RedkenProTok original sound - Taylor
The snatched bubble pony is a high-fashion look that instantly upgrades your second-day style. The key is to build a base and comb hair accordingly before .
Get The Look
- Part your hair and apply Redken Max Sculpting Gel to the roots for flake-free control. Then layer with Redken Spray Wax for extra hold and comb the hair into a high pony and secure.
- Take a piece of hair from the ponytail, wrap it around the elastic to hide it, and secure it with a bobby pin.
- Spray the remaining hair with Redken Brushable Hairspray to ensure the hair is lying flat and protected against frizz.
- Then, using elastics that match your hair color, create each small bubble, being sure to pull the hair within each bubble as you go to ensure an excellent finish.
Shop The Look:
3. Loose Undone Waves
@thatgirlkelsie_98 style some hair w me!! @Redken #redkenpartner #redkenprotok original sound - kelsie wieland
Waves will always be a big hit around the holidays. This season, pair undone waves with a statement headband to add structure to your look.
Get The Look:
- Undone waves are best created on a fresh blow-dry. Prep strands with Redken Thermal Spray 11 Low Hold for heat protection and with a silky smooth finish. This lightweight formula will also provide anti-frizz benefits while protecting against hair damage.
- From here, use a 1.25-1.5” curling iron to create billowing waves. Thermal Spray 11 Low Hold will help protect from heat damage from curling irons while adding hold.
- Once cool, spritz Redken Spray Wax to enhance hold and add texture.
- Then, if you're adding an accessory, place your headband within your style or use it to push your hair back, opening up your face.