Dark” was the first thing that came to mind for many of the show goers at Coach FW2018. From atmosphere to mood and theme, it was an American gothic vibe with a great deal of detail throughout the show. It looks like oversized jackets and fringe will be carried over into Fall alongside carryall bags that will leave you ready for anything.
When it came to the hair, models rocked a 70s inspired split fringe with tons of texture. “We’re doing a cool, gothic look here at Coach.” Said Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau. “I’m using Redken Wax Blast 10. We’re doing these cool, low, 70s bangs and sideburns with some messy braids around her head. Redken Wax Blast 10 is really my key product here, I couldn’t get the look without it. I’m also using Redken Wax Blast 10 on the men with some Redken Shine Flash 02 for some high-shine. It’s very cool and undone, with a lot of texture. The guys and girls in this show are designed to look like they’re from the same cult.” With both men and women walking in the show, Guido Palau created vintage inspired styles for each. Keep reading to see how he achieved the looks.
GET THE LOOK – THE WOMEN:
- Create a messy middle part with your fingers.
- Using a small round brush, blow-dry the front section of your hair in a backward direction.
- Clip the blow-dried section in the back with two small clips for about 10 minutes to let your hair cool and to create a 70s-inspired bend.
- Unclip your hair once cooled.
- Create a small braid with about 1⁄2” of hair on the right side of your head, about 2” from your crown. Use Redken Forceful 23 hairspray to seal the braid shut instead of an elastic.
- Take another 1⁄2” section of hair on the left side of your head, underneath the top layer of your hair, and braid down your length. Secure this thin braid with Redken Forceful 23 hairspray to seal it.
- Create additional texture in your lengths if needed with a 1” curling iron, leaving the ends out and loosening the curls with your fingers.
- Take the back 1/3 top section of your hair and create a thicker braid down the back of your head with your fingers, loosely incorporating extra hair throughout the lengths with your fingers and keeping the braid intentionally messy.
- Spray a heavy layer of Redken Wax Blast 10 over the entire look to set, add piecey-ness and a rocker-chic vibe.
- Tuck your hair behind your ears, leaving out the first 1-2” of hair in front.
- Once dry, set again with additional spritzes of Redken Forceful 23 hairspray and Redken Shine Flash 02 for a glossy finish.
GET THE LOOK – THE MEN:
- Apply a large amount of Redken Brews Cream Pomade throughout your hair to add piecey-ness and a rocker-chic vibe.
- Using your fingers, separate your hair out to keep it a bit more sectioned and piecey.
- Set your hair with a few spritzes of Redken Brews Hairspray.
- Once dry, set again with additional spritzes of Redken Brews Hairspray and Redken Shine
Flash 02 for a glossy finish.