Hailey Bieber is known for her glazed aesthetic, from hair to nails and, most certainly, skin. Setting trends left, and right anytime she posts to the grid, TikTok, or the paparazzi catch her. The latest glazed look is something we can all get behind, it's all about glowy, glazed skin, and apparently, she has a foundation hack that’s a must-have. So we investigated.
How to get dewy skin like Hailey
When it comes to skincare, sometimes less is more, but other times, it's all about which products we choose and how we layer them. Case in point: Hailey’s NYE makeup tutorial. The overarching theme of her TikTok is that when it comes to dewy skin, the prep and the layering are where it’s at. Take a peek at the tutorial, or just scroll for the cheat sheet.
@haileybieber A lil New Years Eve glam eyes by @kyliejenner Lo-fi hip hop - NAO-K
- Hailey preps skin with her own skincare line, Rhode. However, if you have tried and true products that you love, use those!
- First, prep clean skin with your go-to skincare picks. A serum, moisturizer, and any other lightweight moisturizing ingredients are ideal. Choose formulas that absorb into your skin and act as a good primer so that your foundation goes on and stays on.
- A few essential tricks Bieber shows us are warming up your product first by rubbing it between your hands and then applying and applying bronzer (a version of underpainting) before foundation and concealer. This allows a seamless blend and a lit-from-within glow. Lastly, she thins out her foundation with her Rhode Peptide Glaze to create softer coverage with a dewy finish.
- After applying bronzer (which she expertly brushes well into her hairline) and foundation, she touches up her face with concealer and pats it into place.
- After perfecting her base, she brushes her brows into place with a brow gel and then layers on her choice of cream blush and then powder blush and eyeshadow. These power formulas help set the foundation in place, and then she gives it a kiss of shimmer with a dose of highlighter.