Haunted houses, Hocus Pocus, pumpkins and bite-sized candy — the spooky season is finally here! If you ask hairdressers, there isn’t anyone who doesn’t LOVE this time of year, especially if that involves a Halloween look. To spread the spooky vibes Karla Valenzuela, Sam Villa Ambassador and Redken Artist @kolor.me. karlaa, shares a fun look for a bit of inspiration. “J-Lo's high buns inspired me for this Medusa look. I wanted to give the idea of snakes by waving the hair in a snake-like way and weaving it throughout golden snakes,” explains Valenzuela.
How To Get The Look: The Medusa
- Apply Redken Texture Paste, smooth hair with a Sam Villa® Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush, gather a high ponytail, and tie a butcher's knot with sewing elastic to secure.
- Wrap extension wefts around the ponytail and secure with pins.
- Insert a large donut form by pulling the ponytail through the hole and secure it with bobby pins.
- Spray Redken Thermal Spray 11 on all the ponytail hair for thermal protection and hold.
- Wave hair by alternating between the Sam Villa® Pro Results Single-Waver and Double-Waver to give a variety of textures.
- Wrap hair around the donut form to create an oversized bun. Leaving some strands hanging to show the waves.
- Embellish the bun with rubber snakes from a craft store sprayed gold. Make “snake pins” by poking holes through the snakes and inserting open end pins through them.
- Apply Redken Max Sculpting Gel to baby hairs and tendrils and use a small detail comb to create a wave that frames the face and mimics the shape of the snakes.
- Stick on small gems around the face-framing waves.
- Finish with Redken Triple Take 32 for a strong hold.
Shop The Look:
Hair: Karla Valenzuela, @kolor.me. karlaa
Makeup: Sarah Evans, @hair.by.sarahevans