There’s a new craze taking the internet by storm — hot brushes! Have you tried a hot brush? This hybrid tool is an efficient way to dry, straighten, and smooth hair with ease. While there are many on the market, the Sam Villa version includes an extra element that will have your hair looking its best in no time.
“Most hot brushes are like a combination of a flat iron and a hairbrush, but we added something unique to our 3-in-1 Blow Dry Hot Brush, a blow dryer! It smooths, adds volume, dries and straightens hair all in one step, so it’s perfect for guests who want to achieve pro results at home,” explains Sam Villa, Co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of Sam Villa and Global Artistic Ambassador for Redken. Keep reading to learn more about the Sam Villa Pro Results 3-in-1 Blow Dry Hot Brush, and simple ways of how to use it here.
Hot Brush How-To
- Use on damp hair - Hot brushes do not have the drying power of regular blow dryers, so they should not be used on wet hair, only hair that is at least 80% dry to minimize damage and frizz.
- Protect - Prep hair with a styling product that protects against heat and provides shine and hold. Try Redken iron shape 11 thermal holding spray.
- Section - Divide hair into 4-5 sections and secure with clips to help avoid brushing through the same hair multiple times, which prolongs styling time and compromises the health of the hair.
- Brush - Heat to desired temperature and brush slowly from roots to ends. For extra volume, lift each section up and away from the head when gliding the brush down the section.
- Curl - For curled ends, opt for a round hot brush versus a hot air paddle brush. Brush through to ends, wrap hair back around the barrel and roll brush up towards roots and hold for 5-10 seconds. Then, press the cool button and wait a few seconds for the curl to cool before releasing.
- Finish - Lock in volume and shine with a lightweight hairspray and apply serum to ends to tame.