We know you’ve had those days, where you wake up in a rush and can't fathom washing and styling your hair. There’s no time – you can’t decide what to wear, you need to stop for gas on the way to work, pack your lunch, or the kids need to be fed. You would rather forgo breakfast than leave the house looking like a mess. That's where dry styling comes in, and it may seem daunting, even scary at first. What if you burn your hair? What if it doesn't come out right? That split second when you think about diving in the shower is fleeting, let it pass, simply take a body shower and change up your hair routine. You don't need to compromise your hair or morning routine, you can have it all! Dry-styling your hair is the easiest way to refresh your style without having to start from scratch, so if wearing your hair in a ponytail or braids is not for you, try the tips outlined below.
- Before jumping in the shower, touch up your roots with a dry shampoo, this will begin to pull excess oils. Even better, if you know you'll be touching up your style, spritz roots the night before so the product has plenty of time to absorb.
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap, towel, or even your nearest t-shirt; you want to avoid water being in contact with your hair at all costs.
- Post-shower you'll want to immediately begin drying. Moisture from steam will have made its way to your strands and is still lingering in your bathroom.
- If you have a heat protectant, spritz it evenly throughout your hair to avoid heat damage before restyling.
- A boar bristle brush is the best way to control second-day hair. It will give you the tension you need to restyle your hair while adding shine and bounce.
- Starting in the front, section by section, begin blow drying your hair just like you normally would. Apply heat in swift motions, and use the brush to hold the shape. You’ll only need a few passes of the blow dryer to get the movement desired (be sure not to overly dry hair).
If ends are dry, consider applying a dry conditioner or smoothing serum to settle your style and you are all set to
walk… run out the door!