This season clients aren’t only looking for a specific cut or a certain color — there’s a trend toward strong, healthy hair and we’re here for it!
Whether you color your hair or use heat to style it, chances are you’ve run into some degree of damage over time. This means you’re privy to ways stressed hair can appear — frizzy, less defined and dull. This season, it isn’t just about achieving a coveted color or learning how to create undone waves, it’s all about practicing self-care to ensure those locks are looked after. Looking for ways to repair hair and add strength? Keep reading.
How Hair Becomes Damaged
Everything from lightening your hair to constant heat styling can damage your hair, even wearing your hair in a tight ponytail or topknot can cause stress to the hair leading it to become weak and damaged. One of the most common causes of hair damage is seen after color services. During this time the pH of the hair is high (alkaline) leading to raises cuticles and sensitized strands.
How To Cut Down on Damaged Hair
When looking to cut down on damage, start by consulting your stylist. They can offer alternate services, deep conditioning treatments and offer you advice on how to improve your daily routine.
Common swaps to cut down on damage:
- Use clips instead of elastics
- Introduce a silk/satin pillowcase
- Sleep with hair in loose braids
- Skip a wash
- Utilize dry shampoo
- Switch up your shampoo/conditioner
The Top Products for Damaged Hair
Redken Acidic Bonding Concentrate is a range of in-salon treatments and at-home care products that protect and repair damaged hair working to improve the strength and structure. Concentrating on the pH balance, Acidic Bonding Concentrate brings hair back into an ideal range of pH 4.5-5.5.
- Acidic Bonding Concentrate Intensive Treatment — A pre-shampoo rinse-out treatment that provides strength and repair. When used in combination with the existing range, hair can be transformed in just one use with 14x Smoother***, 2x Stronger***, and 90 percent more conditioned*** results.
- Acidic Bonding Concentrate Shampoo & Conditioner — A shampoo + conditioner system formulated with Citric Acid and Redken's Bonding Care Complex to help reinforce weakened bonds, strengthen, repair, and offer protection from color fade.
- Acidic Perfecting Concentrate Leave In Conditioner for Damaged Hair — Strengthen and revive damaged hair with Redken’s most concentrated all-in-one formula for damaged hair. This leave-in keeps hair at its optimal pH and offers heat protection up to 450 degrees with the ability to reduce the appearance of split ends while improving the look and finish of the hair.
By utilizing the Acidic Bonding Concentrate range, you’ll notice the hair is not only less damaged, but also more defined. Helping every hair type and texture to achieve strong, resilient results, the trend toward healthy hair is now easier than ever!