Looking for new hairstyle inspiration? Headbands will continue to trend this season especially as we transition from winter to spring. Showing us how to rock the headband trend, Cindy Duplantis, Sam Villa Ambassador, Redken Artist and Celebrity Stylist for Chatters Salon @cindyduplantis, shares how to create beautiful bouncy waves accented with multiple headbands. “Why wear only one accessory when you can wear three!” says Duplantis.
How To Prep Hair For A Headband
- Create loose waves with the Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand 1.5”. The more random the sections, the more natural the look.
- Brush curls with a Sam Villa Artist Series Finishing Brush to add softness.
- Make a center part in fringe area about 2” deep.
- Behind the fringe part line, create a 1” deep horizontal section; use the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron and tap sections close to the base (about 2”) to give volume. Repeat from the top of the head to behind ears (just at the base), for maximum volume and lift.
- Tuck front sections behind ears and add Duplantis Hair Official’s 3 new headbands.
- Finish with medium-hold hair spray for flexible hold.
Shop the look:
Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Iron and Wand 1.5”
Sam Villa Artist Series Finishing Brush
Sam Villa Signature Series Textur Professional Texturizing Iron
Credit: Compliments of @cindyduplantis
To learn more from the Sam Villa Team, check out FREE weekly Facebook Live classes and 10-minute YouTube tutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.