With plenty of holidays and special events at every turn, now is the perfect time to keep a few go-to hairstyles in your arsenal. Looking for a new style? Why not fake it with a hybrid textured faux bob? “Most with mid to long-length hair can rock this look of mingling movements because it works for any texture, shags that are evolving and is great for those looking for a non-traditional up style. Plus, it’s really easy to do!” explains Teresa Romano, Creative Director for Sam Villa.
Creating a mix of curls, waves, and smooth pieces by alternating hot tools creates a hybrid texture that brings a fresh edge to any event.
How to Style a Textured Faux Bob
- Create a strong foundation by blow-drying hair with a Sam Villa Artist Series Professional Blow Dryer and Redken Big Blow Out.
- Start at the scalp with a 3” wide X 1” deep section, spray with hairspray and use a Sam Villa Signature Series Pro Results Single-Waver to create a wave. Repeat down the section.
- Take the next section, spray with hairspray, and while holding a Sam Villa Artist Series 2-in-1 Marcel Curling Iron and Wand vertically, wrap hair around in a spiral shape.
- Continue working on sections and alternating irons and techniques, making sure to allow curls and waves to cool.
- Gather hair in the back into a low ponytail and fasten an elastic to the end. Roll it up to rest in the nape of the neck and secure with hair pins.
- Gently pull and shape the remaining hair into place and finish with Redken Control Addict 28 for hold.
Shop The Look:
Creative Director and Hair: Teresa Romero
Photography: Nico Norsdström/Obsidian and Blush
Makeup: Leticia Tapia and Delia DeLeon
Wardrobe: Michi Lafary/Obsidian and Blush
Tools: Sam Villa
Model: Tatum Forbis.
To learn more from the Sam Villa Team, check out FREE weekly Facebook Live classes and 10-minute YouTube tutorials. The complete catalogue of customizable education for salons, shows and events, including Thrive On, is available here.