Although Jonathan Anderson’s “Elf Shoes” have been making the headlines, the Loewe’s SS18 collection that debuted in Paris was a travelers delight. His simplistic take on patchwork fashion – melding together leather, lace and knitwear – was a study in sereneness. Muted colors and pops of pastel worked beautifully with the sheer fabrics, fringe and frills. When it came to the hair Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau created a simple pony wrapped in leather, creating a symbiosis with the leather seen in the show in clothes and accessories.
“It’s a very simple ponytail here at the Loewe show,” said Guido Palau, Redken Global Creative Director. “I’m shampooing with Redken Clean Maniac Clean- Touch Micellar Shampoo to get the hair really clean, then letting hair air dry with Redken No Blow Dry Cream. I’m pulling the hair back with a leather tie while leaving the baby hairs out to give it some softness and a bit of personality.”
Follow along below as Guido gives the steps to the look.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair by washing with Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Micellar Shampoo and Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Conditioner.
- When hair is damp, apply a quarter-sized amount of Redken No Blow Dry Cream to crown and throughout your lengths to define texture.
- Allow your hair to dry with its natural part.
- Using an elastic roll, tie hair into a loose, easy ponytail.
- Tie a knot over the elastic roll using a small piece of leather.
- Using your hands, flatten down the length of the ponytail to ensure it isn’t too puffy.
- Use your fingers to pull out baby hairs around the crown to soften the look.