As Tisci passed the baton, Spring was seen mostly in black and white at Clare Waight Keller’s debut of Givenchy. The former Chloe designer unveiled a new version of herself that the fashion community had not been aware of. More in line with her personal taste, the latest Givenchy collection is – like many collections this year – a serendipitous tribute to the original design aesthetic of Hubert de Givenchy.
Power sleeves were prominent as designs featured padding at the shoulders to accentuate Waight Kellers “from the shoulder” inspiration. Followed by precisely tailored options, military jackets complete with brass buttons, and single-button blazers galore. Frills and flow were kept to a minimum and mostly used to accent shoulders. Juxtaposing the sharp-lined designs, the hair took on a natural textured trend. Of this look, Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau said, “It’s a fairly natural look here at the Givenchy show. I’m using a new Redken product, Redken No Blow Dry Cream, to seal the hair and enhance its natural texture while using a curling iron on some of the girls to add additional texture. I’ve done a side part on the models and spritzed Redken Wax Blast 10 to add an age to it, so it looks more like second-day, clung-together, sexy, bedhead hair.”
Follow along below to see how Guido got the look.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair by washing with Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Micellar Shampoo and Redken Clean Maniac Clean-Touch Conditioner.
- Create a side part using your fingers.
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of Redken No Blow Dry Cream to crown and throughout your lengths to define texture. Allow hair to air dry.
- Once hair is dry, spray Redken Wax Blast 10 from roots to ends and scrunch hair to create a wavier texture. Allow it to set.
- Run your fingers through your hair and away from the face to push it back.