If you’re anything like us, you’ve probably dived head first into the uber-satisfying videos on TikTok featuring the snatched bun. A look made famous by celebrities like Bella Hadid, who started the trend in 2019, and celebrity hair stylists like Chris Appleton. We can’t help but fall in love with all the individualized tutorials we’ve seen on different hair types, lengths, and textures.
The ability to create a bun like this on thick hair, thin hair, second-day hair, or even highly-textured hair sets this trend apart as one of the top hairstyles we’ll see come fall and winter. And a recent cover story in The Cut featuring Meghan Markle rocking this trend solidifies its approval.
To get the iconic look, you’ll need an excellent hairspray, an elastic, and maybe a bobby pin or two, depending on your hair length. Consider including a pomade or shine spray to step things up a notch.
Steps to get the snatched bun:
- Comb and part hair, most prefer the classic middle part for this style.
- Separate a triangle section at the front of the hair around the bang area and clip this away for later.
- Working with the remainder of the hair, spritz with hairspray and use a finishing brush to comb hair back into a ponytail.
- Once this is secure, utilize a high-hold hairspray, pomade, or shine spray to spray down the front triangle section you initially left out and comb into your ponytail.
- Twist the ponytail to create a knot or bun and secure it with an elastic or bobby pins.
- If you want the hair to look extra sleek, consider using a silk scarf or hair wrap and placing it over your style for about an hour, allowing it to settle.
This look is ideal for wearing daily or for a special event. It immediately highlights your best features like cheekbones or face structure, and pairs well with edgy earrings. If wearing it for a day-to-day look, consider swapping hairspray for a leave-in conditioner to help treat hair and replenish moisture.
Watch as Chris Appleton shows us exactly how to get the look here:
@chrisappletonhair Snatched middle part bun let’s go @Color Wow Hair original sound - Chrisappleton1
Products To Get The Look: