“This hair is classic Tory,” said Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau. He’s definitely on to something there, this show had classic Tory written all over it. With a strong sense of femininity explored through colors, shapes and a decadent floral runway, the FW2018 Tory Burch show gave us something to look forward to. With layered looks, she combined plush shearling and tailored jackets over pops of color and flowy floral dresses. To accentuate the style, “We’re doing easy, luxurious hair at the Tory Burch show. There’s loose movement in the hair, which provides an easy vibe.” Said Guido Palau, Redken Global Creative Director. “I’m using Redken Satinwear 04 to provide heat protection to the hair while I blow it out. Then, I’m adding in some bends from an iron to create an effortlessly chic vibe. This hair is classic Tory.”
Keep reading to see exactly how Guido Palau created the style!
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair by washing with Redken Color Extend Magnetics Shampoo and Conditioner. Towel-dry.
- Apply a nickel-sized amount of Redken Satinwear 04 to the crown and upper third of your hair. Using your fingers, comb the rest through your lengths.
- Roughly blow-dry your hair using your fingers.
- Once hair is mostly dry, use a boar-bristle brush to smooth the hair around the face and upper third of your hair to create a romantically soft, smooth hairline.
- Alternate soft bends and curls in the hair length by using a 1” and 1.5” curling iron.
- Once hair is cool, use your fingers to break up the curl patterns to create a hippie-ish vibe.
- Leave your hair out in front of your ears.