Adventure was in the air this year at the Tory Burch SS19 show. Inspired by the sense of wanderlust her parents exuded, she started the show with an invite: a picture of each of her parents in high style somewhere around the globe. It is noted that Burch's parents were quite the travelers - excursions off the coasts of Europe, Greece, and Morocco. This was the inspiration behind Tory's drastic caftans, beautiful prints, and safari-esque jackets. With a classic vibe caught somewhere in between the 60s and 70s, the thirst for a well-dressed vacation was alive and well. The show took place outdoors at the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum - a perfect setting for the vibe of the collection.
When it came to the hair, Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau focused on the effortlessness that is Tory Burch. With natural movement and suave slicked back parts, he added an ethereal nature to this walk down memory lane.
“The Tory girl is confident. She’s a little uptown and a little downtown. I’m using Redken Full Frame 07 All-Over Volumizing Mousse to give this look a natural edge with a little softness. I’ve left the girls’ natural texture throughout their lengths unless their hair is very straight, where I’ll add a loose bend. I also left out the baby hairs around the hairline to obtain a slightly boyish, effortless look with a touch of strength in a very Tory way. This is the perfect example of using one product to achieve a fashion-focused look.” – Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau
GET THE LOOK:
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Using a wide-toothed comb, comb back your hair around your crown towards the back of your head.
- Moving in 1” sections, apply quarter-sized amounts of Redken Full Frame 07 All-Over Volumizing Mousse to your crown and head shape with the wide-toothed comb while leaving your baby hairs out.
- Set hair with clips tightly around your ears to hold the look and allow hair to dry.
- Once dry, run a blow dryer quickly over the style and remove the clips.
- Use your fingertips to fluff up the baby hairs around your hairline to keep the look a bit softer and get that effortless ease.
For even more fashion-forward hair color and style trends be sure to follow @Redken on social media for the latest updates!