Kaia Gerber stole the show – yet again – in a simple LBD with accented sleeves that had the crowd going gaga. Prominent power sleeves and layers upon layers of fabric outfitted in prominently placed sequins we just part of the show that stole everyone’s hearts. Viewers were transported – to another planet, some said – while Pierpaolo Piccioli’s interpretation was meant to be a fresh perspective on some of the fashion house’s most iconic staples, in Valentino’s red, white and black.
While clear plastic sequins and a rendition of the famed 80’s gown so famously designed by Mr. Valentino himself, there were fantastically ruffled everywhere. The beauty was individualized, with natural hair and mostly natural looking makeup, except for the stunning statement-making blush contour. Of the hair, Redken Global Creative Director Guido Palau stated, “Here at the Valentino show, I’ve done very natural hair, emphasizing the girls’ individual hair textures. I’ve done a messy middle part and applied a bit of Redken No Blow Dry Cream when the hair is damp to seal the cuticle as the hair dries.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair by washing with Redken Diamond Oil Glow Dry Gloss Shampoo and Redken Diamond Oil Glow Dry Detangling Conditioner.
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of Redken No Blow Dry Cream to crown and throughout your lengths to define texture.
- Create a natural middle part with your fingers. Allow hair to air dry.
- Softly blow-dry the top of your hair around the hairline to smooth it out.
- If needed, add additional texture into the lengths of the hair with a 1 1⁄2” curling iron to create an easy, natural wave.
- Finish with Redken Fashion Work 12 to smooth the hair of any flyaways around the hairline.