Whether you are new to Wella Professionals or looking for a refresher on ranges, it can be a great idea to get back to basics when it comes to mixing ratios and coverage tips on some of the most-loved hair color — Wella Professionals Koleston Perfect, Color Touch, and Illumina Color.
Wella Professionals Koleston Perfect
Featuring Me+ technology, Wella Professionals Koleston Perfect provides 100% gray coverage and has the ability to lift up to five levels. This formula reduces the formation of free radicals and the risk of developing a new allergy to hair color thanks to Me+ Technology. In addition to this, the line offers balanced color results, natural depths, and endless shine in a range of colors from natural to fashion shades.
Ideal for: gray coverage clients
Tips for best results:
- Mix 1:1 with Welloxon Perfect developer
- Saturate the area with the highest amount of gray first, this usually includes the hairline, face-frame/temples.
- Develop for the correct amount of time and always check the color coverage prior to rinsing especially in clients with resistant strands.
- If clients are sensitive to hair color, pair this service with Wella Professionals Marula Oil Blend Scalp Primer! Learn more about this primer here.
Wella Professionals Color Touch
This demi-permanent color range is ideal for clients looking for a low-maintenance option. Lasting up to 24 washes, this formula will leave virtually no line of demarcation as hair grows out. Wella Professionals Color Touch is most often used as a toning treatment for pre-lightened hair, can be utilized for clients looking for up to 70% gray coverage or paired with a Koleston Perfect root touch-up service to refresh mid-lengths and ends.
Ideal for: glossing/toning treatments
Tips for best results:
- Mix in a 1:2 ratio with Color Touch Emulsion developer
- Can be applied with an applicator bottle for more efficient results
- Apply to pre-shampooed, towel-dried hair
Wella Professionals Illumina Color
Elevating any service in the salon, Wella Professionals Illumina Color is a permanent line featuring Microlight Technology to protect the cuticle that creates natural-looking results with up to 100% gray coverage and three levels of lift. Additionally, Wella Professionals Illumina Color can be blended to create a sheer color that can be used to add a light-reflective finish to any shade.