You take pride in keeping an artillery of beauty products at your disposal. Blowdryer, curling iron, round brush, paddle brush and flat iron - you’ve got everything you could possibly need. Let’s just say, if there ever was an apocalypse, then your hair would still look great. While you love your round brush, your trusty paddle brush is actually a secret beauty weapon. This brush has more uses than you possibly knew – here’s a few:
1. Prep Before Ponytail: Sweeping your hair up into a ponytail without brushing is not the best idea. Using a paddle brush to prep your hair will eliminate those nasty knots you get when you take out your hair elastic.
2. Underdog: Paddle brushes are great for combing out your hair underneath. This will quicken your blowout, which will create less fatigue on your hands and wrists.
3. Extensions: If you have extensions, then a paddle brush is your best friend. This brush will help you dry your extensions without creating tangles that may be caused by round brushes. The wide surface of the paddle brush will speed up the drying process, too.
4. Work The Wave: If you are trying to create more natural curls, then the paddle brush is your answer. After curling your hair with a hot tool, let the curls cool completely for about 5-10 minutes. Then, go back and backcomb the curls with a paddle brush. Using this brush will create waves that will look soft, but will still create the volume you want.
5. Straightening Your Ends: Well, it’s exactly what it sounds like. The paddle brush will work to straighten out the ends of your hair as you dry it. The flat surface of the brush will smooth out the ends of your hair to give you a sleek finish.
6. Before Braids: Like with your ponytail, creating a braid without brushing your hair isn’t the best idea. A quick run-through with a paddle brush will sort out any tangled ends that may disrupt the braiding process.
7. Calm The Curl: Paddle brushes are especially helpful for textured or curly hair that normally get's stuck in other brushes. You can use this brush as you rough dry your hair to get more of the moisture out. Then, you can go back with a round brush to create a more polished look. Using a paddle brush beforehand will make the next styling process so much easier!