As the season’s change, we can’t help but want to clean out our closets. With everything from organizing drawers to dumping old products, its time to start clean and brush out those brushes!
When it comes to your hair, having clean brushes makes a big difference for hygiene as well as styling’s sake. Removing excess dirt, debris and hair from your tools will lead to better results in your style. If you’re constantly using your hair and makeup brushes day after day without cleaning them, there’s a lot of grime and bacteria building up that you might not see.
So, what’s the best way to get rid of the grime? Start with these steps:
- Begin by removing excess hair from your brush. Use a fine-toothed comb or rat tail to pick out every hair you can see.
- Next, run your brush under warm water and use your fingers to wet the bristles.
- Add a little moisturizing shampoo to the brush and massage the bristles to loosen and debris.
- Next, thoroughly rinse the brush with warm water, making sure to get all the soap out!
- Allow to air dry in a well-ventilated area.
You’ll want to remove hair from your brush after every use to avoid build up and allow for easier styling. Aim to wash your brushes once a week (for heavy use) or once a month if you rarely use your hairbrush. Keeping your tools tidy allow for less mess when styling and a better end result!
Read more from Estilo y Forma on our blog and follow us on Facebook and Bangstyle for more helpful tips and tricks!