This next season, it is all about how to add a little flare to your existing look. If you love wearing your hair down, but your style needs a pick-me-up; be sure to test out this latest creation. Instead of using braids, we secured horizontal sections at the back of the head with elastics. This allowed us to create vertical stitches down the head, replicating the look of a waterfall braid. Follow along below to get the look.
1. Make 3 horizontal sections on the right side of the head, 1 inch from the hairline, and secure with an elastic at the back of the head.
2. This will create “ribbons” to STITCH through.
3. Repeat on the left side with 1 horizontal section.
4. Find the front of the ribbon on the right side and STITCH through. Repeat to the back of the head, leaving a 1/2-inch section of hair between each STITCH.
5. Return to the front of the right side and STITCH the 1/2-inch section you left out into the 2nd ribbon down. Repeat to the back of the head.
6. Returning to the front of the right side, STITCH the bang into the 3rd ribbon down, then STITCH the 3rd section into the 3rd ribbon down. Repeat to the back of the head.
7. On the left side, find the front of the ribbon and STITCH through. Repeat to the back of the head, leaving a 1/2-inch section of hair between each STITCH. Your vertical STITCH is complete!
If you loved this look, be sure to check out the other inspiring creations from Daniel Roldan Hair Styling Co. to take your hairstyle from ordinary to amazing.