Lady Gaga broke the Internet on Super Bowl Sunday with her high-flying Star-Spangled Halftime Show performance in Houston. We’re still not sure which was our favorite - her rooftop dive or her #micdrop spike at the end, but one thing is for certain - we LOVED her style! Lucky for you, we got the inside look at how to achieve her gorgeous haircolor and flowing locks from Frederic Aspiras, Creative Director for HAIR FOR GAGA. With our very own Bangstyle Artist, Nick Stenson, carrying out Fredric's creative vision styling Gaga's talented dancers using Nick's favorite Matrix Products.
Lady Gaga’s Superbowl Style
1. Blow drying and hot tools can wreak havoc on your hair, especially if you do it every day. So be sure to prep hair by washing with Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Recover Shampoo and Matrix Biolage R.A.W. Re-Hab Mask. Basic fundamentals of good hair is healthy hair.
2. After cleansing, detangle and towel dry. Apply Matrix Style Link Mineral Airy Builder Dry Texture Foam from root to tips.
3. Section hair accordingly and blow dry using a large boar bristle brush. Spray Matrix Style Link Heat Buffer to each section as you dry. Layer Matrix Style Link Smooth Setter to the mid-section and ends to add that extra hold and smoothness.
4. Blow dry the sides of hair away from the face, the back sections downward flipping out the ends, and the top of head forward then rounding it up.
5. Curl the top and sides of the head using a medium barrel curling iron. Curl the back of the head using a large barrel curling iron. Pinning the curls with clips as you go.
6. Allow the curls to cool for about 10 minutes. Remove clips and brush out with a large paddle brush. Spray Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray to the whole head then piece out curls and style away.
7. Once you have finished, give the look a good shot of Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray.
The color formula used to create her bright blonde locks:
Apply Lightener formula approximately 1 to 2 inches off scalp to create a shadow base. Lighten to pale yellow or up to 50 minutes, rinse thoroughly. Cleanse and towel dry.
Next, melt two formulas together by applying Formula B to the mid-lengths and Formula C to the ends, process up to 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Apply BOND Ultim8 Step 2 and process for 10 minutes. Rinse, cleanse and condition with Total Results Color Obsessed Shampoo and Conditioner.
2 scoops Light Master & 2 ½ oz. 20 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1
1 ½ oz. Color Sync SPGV & 1 ½ oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1
1 ½ oz. Color Sync Clear & ¼ oz. 10P & ¼ oz. Watercolors Quartz Pink & 2 oz. 10 Volume MATRIX Cream Developer & BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Want to see Gaga’s performance again? Check it out below!
Gotta love Gaga!